Pucallpa, Peru 2007-2008

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Student Dorming

Since I have been out on my missions trip in Peru, it has become so much more to me than a mission trip. It has become my life. AMOR Projects has made a huge impact on me. By seeing them work and by seeing their goal which is Gods plan I have taken it into my heart and have made it my own project as well. Each one of our team members at km 38 has chosen a project of their own to fundraise for. I have chosen the project of student dorms. I saw the project and looked at the numbers that were below the heading and then kept looking at the other projects especially the ones with smaller numbers below their title. Then I came back to the dorm project and thought about it I decided to make this my project my project for the years to come.

Why do we need dorms? “We want to start a trade school but where will we put the students? We are recruiting for a larger SM team next year, where will the live? As we move forward with the beginning of some of our industries, it is also time to move forward with a dorm, the most basic requirement for housing students, which can also serve as a guest house, SM house, worker quarters, and much more.” What will these dorms look like? There will be two wings of twenty rooms each and will hold 2-3 persons per room. There will be one bathroom on either wing and a study room alongside the lobby. How much will it cost? $39,523 for the materials and $25,127 for labor. AKA a lot of money that I wont make a even a small dent in with out the help of God.

How am I fundraising? I’m asking for prayers. Without God not a sent will come in for this project. Without God there is no project. He is the base of this project as a whole and for this individual project. I can’t move the hearts of others to support and pray for the project but God can. So, I am asking for prayers. Pray that this project moves the hearts of others and that we will grow and move on to higher stages all for the glory of God.

I am rather intimidated about this project because it is such an amazingly large task that I can not do alone. I will talk about this project and I will fundraise in hopes that the project will succeed.

There are many worthy mission projects that are in need of support. If you are moved by AMOR projects and would like to know more or would like to donate, you can go to www.touchofloveperu.org then click on the donate link. All donations are tax deductible and will be greatly appreciated.

No comments: