Pucallpa, Peru 2007-2008

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thomas and Anita


These past weeks two people who are very close to the hearts of km. 38 have been missed very much in all of our lives. Thomas and Anita have made such an impact in my everyday life and when I stop and think what’s missing at km. 38 these two names come to mind. I first noticed the change when we were at worship the morning after they left and realized that there was no manly deep and tuney harmony or cheerful accented words or talking in the unknown Swiss German at our table. And from this point on the list keeps going. I miss our friends that have become our 38 family. Anita always was good in the kitchen. She kept things clean and was on top of it. Everyday the dished were usually put away mid afternoon after lunch but now I look out side and they are still sitting there being over dried. Thomas is usually walking back in the afternoon in his big white bee suit and I don’t see that anymore. This clinic I have missed the greatly. From doing the dreaded job of handing out numbers to the early medical patience at 6 in the morning to filling out their names, age, weight, blood pressure, and their other information, clinic was not the same without them. After they were finished and doctor was on a roll pushing people through, Thomas and Anita usually would come back and help Tara and I finish filling the line of orders that awaited us. The clinic still ran fairly smooth with the help of the team and the help of Brent’s family but I always thought about our past clinics with Thomas and Anita. So many memories and wonderful learning experiences we have shared together. Anita’s garden still stands and when I see baby hector I think of her time that she had with him as well. When I hear I bee buzzing or the boys coming back from work, Thomas’ name comes to mind. If you are reading this my dear friends I want you to know that you are truly missed and that our team is not the same without you.

No comments: