Pucallpa, Peru 2007-2008

Monday, December 3, 2007

Sweet Reminder

I returned to the doctors room and told him, Dr. we don’t have twenty one pills of this medication you prescribed for this woman. We only have eight. He replied saying that I needed to find it. He told me that if Jesus could turn loaves of bread into enough to feed five thousand, then I should be able to fine a few more pills to at least double the amount we had. I was frustrated and said how am I supposed to do that? I packed the medications, I know what we have, and I have already looked. We don’t have anymore. He said fine and told me to give her what we had. I walked back to the pharmacy frustrated and gave the woman the medication. She had just left as a thought crossed my mind about how awesome God was. He did make enough bread for the people and so maybe he could help me find some more medication. I looked again with a little bit of hope to find more of the medication but yet still with doubt. The second box I searched through there it was. Eight more pills. Doubled the amount that we had to fourteen. I was struck with giggley excitement. I ran outside to se if the woman had left. I didn’t see here anywhere. I looked to my right and there she was just sitting down on the bench. She looked at me and asked what I needed. I said with delight that I had found more medication and that it was only a few short of what he needed but it would get her by. She looked at me with dull enthusiasm not knowing really what was going on and said thank you.
The rest of the day I was just amazed with God. I don’t know if he put those medications there or not. But I do know that he put the will in me to actually look for them one last time. It opened my eyes to see how much God really does care about the little things.

No comments: